At Richard Allen Associates, we take the development of our people seriously. As a valued associate we can offer continued growth and development. We'll also encourage you to contribute new ideas and ways of working, recognising and rewarding your achievements when you 'go the extra mile'.
All Associates at Richard Allen Associates work on a "freelance" contractual basis, which offers:
Security of a regular full-time position for a given time period.
Opportunity for "long" term work position.
Basic P.A.Y.E pay with "results driven" bonuses, or Ltd status (if preferred, outside IR35).
Possibility of a better income.
Flexibility of when you choose to work.
Flexibility of the hours you work each day.
Personal growth and development.
Promotion prospects within the business up to Directorship level.
Greater work satisfaction.
Creates a better working environment.
Creates better working relationships.
Current position available:
Sales & Marketing / Procurement Internship or Associate.
Locations: Worcester. United Kingdom
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary - possibly leading to permanent?
Experience Level: Entry level Education Required Level: MSc, BA, (studying for)
Travel Required: Non This is a summer internship: May – August 2019 Or a potential short - long term contract position for an Associate member.
Basic Pay: TBN
1) Procurement Support:
Intern would support Project Procurement manager with a multitude of tasks related to the procurement of Third-Party Logistics Service Providers (Transport, Warehousing, MHE etc.) either Nationally or Internationally ranging from Courier services through to Specialised Freight contracts.
Duties include supporting in:
The full Procurement Process from end to end i.e.
1. Initial Meeting/Phone Conference.
2. Kick Off Meeting.
3. Compile Bidders Assessment Report
4. Despatch RFI Docs.
5. Visit Sites, Gather Data, Complete Service Level Requirements
6. Despatch 1st Round RFP documents.
7. Complete Analysis, Negotiations, Shortlist, Supplier Decision and Send Draft Contract.
8. Trails, Contract Finalisation and Signature
9. Implementation and Go Live.
10. Stakeholder Management, Contract Management and Risk Management.
2) Sales & Marketing Support:
Duties include supporting in:
Social Media, Marketing and Communications
• Executes, manages and reports on Richard Allen Associates social media strategy and related activities.
• Manages and executes Richard Allen Associates Ltd marketing for brand awareness, events and growth.
• Designs, curates and manages the weekly Richard Allen Associates newsletter and other communications as needed.
Support in Event Planning and Management
• Manages all details for a variety of events (differing in size, scope, and focus), which may include company visits, speakers, alumni events, admissions events, networking opportunities, lecture series, luncheons, and other events as needed.
• Participates in the full life-cycle of events from design, planning, implementation, and evaluation for Richard Allen Associates Ltd.
• Works with leadership to understand departmental needs and tailors’ events accordingly. • Serves as primary contact to vendors and service providers and reviews and negotiates multiple price proposals (e.g., caterers, florists, sound/stage companies, electricians, plumbers, building management, printers, mailing houses, etc.).
• Maintains an event vendor resources list and identifies back-up suppliers for contingency plans.
• Utilizes various technologies for event scheduling, attendance management and follow-up, evaluation, and reporting.
• Expedite arrangements for technology, as appropriate, such as live streaming of video and audio for off-site event participants.
• Assembles event materials (e.g., stuff envelopes, assemble welcome packets, print name tags) and assists with briefings for key leadership as appropriate.
• Gathers information and statistics and prepares reports on each event to determine success and guide future event planning, such as: data on RSVP vs attendance, geographic and demographic information of attendees, cost per participant, event follow up activities, and surveying and reporting on faculty and staff satisfaction with the event. Incorporates data into relevant databases such as CRM.
• Makes recommendations on how to improve events in the future.
• Serves as a central point of contact and support for Richard Allen Associates.
• Manages daily operations include hosting guests such as guest speakers and mentors, reserving conference and event space, working with building management and vendors to maintain incubator space and replenishing office/other supplies as needed. Also serves as point of contact for tours requested by alumni or other groups such as admissions.
• Manages confidential information about customer participants and coordination of incubator space usage including tracking customer applications.
• Manages all reporting of relevant facility usage, access, social media and marketing.
• Initiates and responds to inquiries (oral and written) from customers, divisional staff, business offices, and other institutional parties regarding daily operations, space usage, and events.
• Reconciles invoices/bills and processes payments. Manages all reimbursement processes for customer credits.
• Assists with and manages space set up and break down of tables / chairs / equipment, etc. for day-to-day usage as well as events.
• May be responsible for the packaging, shipping, set-up and return of various displays and exhibits.
• Assists with special projects, programs and administrative tasks as needed
• Data Management and Reporting
• Note: Some Evening and weekend work may be required to staff and manage events.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Ideally, currently pursuing a MSc or bachelor’s degree in Business with a driving licence.
Must have strong Excel skills from pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s, and formulas with high degree of comfort and skill working with MS Office, including PowerPoint and databases
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to speak comfortably to small groups and have the ability to draft emails and letters using excellent form, style, grammar and spelling.
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse audiences
Able to work in a team environment
Detail oriented and well organized
Be able to collect, manage, analyse and interpret data
Basic technical skills needed to assess the supply base and understand our product portfolio
Strong project management skills, including the ability to develop appropriate timelines and meet deadlines
Knowledge of events planning and coordination
Strong attention to detail
Proven social media and marketing skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United Kingdom.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Richard Allen Associates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by English Law.